Connect your Apple Watch
For the highest quality sleep tracking
Be sure your Apple Watch is connected, fully charged and on your wrist. Then follow these steps:
First, be sure to grant SleepSpace access to your Apple Health data. This is typically done when you first install the app, or you can go to the Today screen and tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner. Then go to More > Authorize Apple Health.
When you're ready for bed, tap Go to bed on the Today screen or tap the Sleep tab. Be sure your Apple Watch is fully charged and on your wrist. Tap Start Sleep Journey to being your session.
On the Wind Down screen or Sleep Tracking screen, wait until you see your heart rate next to the heart icon, to insure that your device is connected and tracking has begun.
Troubleshooting Apple Watch connection
You will know your phone is connected to your Apple Watch if you see your heart rate on both your phone and Apple Watch screen and if the green lights on the back of your watch are on.
If your Apple Watch isn't connecting, try these steps:
1) Exit your sleep session on the phone and start a new sleep session.
2) Be sure the Sleep Space app is on your Apple Watch, by tapping the crown and looking for the SleepSpace icon. If it isn't not on your phone, go to the Watch app and download SLeepSpace
3) Try to exit the SleepSpace app on your Apple Watch:
- Press the. Digital Crown to display all apps.
- Tap the SleepSpace app.
- Press and hold the Side Button.
- When the Power Down menu appears, release the Side Button.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown until the app goes away and the watch face returns.